You might’ve read my blog post about converting MOV files to MP4 with FFMPEG. Now, before converting these files I was already working on a project in Premiere. The MOV files were impossible to work with so I ended up converting them.
But, the clips were already cut down as they should and I definitely didn’t feel like re-doing all of that work with these new files. So I started looking around for other options. I bumped into a forum topic about this subject and found a solution there.
- Find your project.prproj file
- Rename it to project.zip (make sure to replace the extension)
- Unpack the ZIP file
- Open the unpacked file in a text editor (like TextEdit, Visual Studio Code or something else)
- Use the search and replace function to replace .mov (in my case) to .mp4
- Save the file, and open the file in Premiere
- You’re good to go!