Software development is hard with a lagging keyboard. If you’re reading this, you’re probably frustrated already. Well, I was..
The advanced options have gone missing since Monterey. Try these terminal commands instead:
Remove Bluetooth preferences by removing the preference file (restart required)
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist
Kill the Bluetooth service
sudo pkill bluetoothd
The magic trick
- Press SHIFT + OPTION, and click the bluetooth icon
- Click “Factory reset all connected Apple devices”
- Remove your bluetooth keyboard from bluetooth devices
Gone is the lagging keyboard!
Others have suggested to “reset the bluetooth module” as well. It’s an option when following the steps above.
- If you can’t find the bluetooth icon: Google “bluetooth icon enable macos”
- If you have trouble reconnecting the keyboard: Google “Connect magic keyboard macos”
Leave a Reply